Expert Tech Advice for Non-Technical Founders
We provide expert advice to help non-technical founders achieve early success and avoid costly missteps.
The early tech decisions that you make can make or break your business.
It’s entirely possible to build a successful tech company without prior experience in software development – Airbnb and Zappos are two well-known examples of companies that were started by non-technical founders.
To successfully chart this course non-technical founders face three critical early-stage decision points: outlining an effective technology strategy for the company, deciding what staffing approach to take, and attracting top tech talent.
Getting these three things right is incredibly important – missteps can cost you time, money, and even lead to conditions that sink your business before it gets off the ground.
Navigating these decisions on your own can be costly. Early mistakes often result in huge amounts of lost time and unnecessary spending. In the worst case scenario, this can lead to conditions that sink your business before it gets off the ground.
That’s why it’s essential to have trusted expert tech guidance at the start of your journey.
You don’t need to hire a CTO or have a technical co-founder to get these early decisions right – but you do need to have advice from tech experts. That’s where we come in.
We specialize in providing trustworthy and affordable tech advice to help non-technical founders plan and launch effectively.
Software development can be a predatory industry, making it hard to trust the motives and advice of those who are seeking to land or maximize a development contract. We take this dynamic out of the equation entirely by being a trusted expert advisor that will never try to upsell you on other services. Our only incentive is to safeguard your best interests.
What We Can Help With
- Make sure that your software/app idea is technically feasible
- Deep-dive understanding of your vision and translating it into an actionable technology plan that matches your business plan
- Designing a detailed technical blueprint (project requirements) for your product
- Assessing realistic budget, staffing, and timeline expectations
- Outline the specific technical skillsets needed to build your product
- Assess viable implementation pathways (figuring out if you should search for a CTO or co-founder, build an in-house development team, consider freelancers, or explore outsourcing development to a company)
- Guidance on how to effectively manage a software project as a non-technical founder
Talent Recruitment, Vetting, and Onboarding:
- Help recruiting, vetting, and interviewing individual candidates for tech roles
- Share best practices about technical job descriptions, appropriate titles, and salary ranges
- Help finding and vetting software development companies
- Manage the vendor bidding process to make sure you get a fair price and favorable terms (if hiring a company)
- Support onboarding first tech hires and transferring all tech planning to date
- Early stage/transitional management of tech hires
The YourCTO Guarantee:
Who You’ll be Working With:
Our founders David and Shubhanan have a combined 35 years of experience in technology, business development, and strategic planning. As one technical expert and one non-technical founder, they are uniquely sensitive to the challenges that face non-technical entrepreneurs. They have worked with a wide range of clients from idea-stage companies to $150 million in revenue.
We’ll be by your side
See how we’ve helped Misty develop her business.
We’ll Guide you from the Start
How we helped Mac plan his development strategy